Saturday, 17 December 2011

What do I need?

What sort of equipment do you need to start your fitness journey? First you have to ask yourself, what are your goals? and what is your budget?. 

For most people looking to lose weight and build muscle, all I recommend is getting yourself an adjustable bench with a leg attachment, a rack to sit your barbell on, a barbell, some adjustable dumbbells, some weight plates, chin up bar & a skipping rope. This will provide you with everything you need to reach your fitness goals. 

For someone with a little less on the budget side you could just go for an all-in-1 gym system, but I don't really recommend them.

Someone on even less of a budget could opt for a set of adjustable dumbbells and just make do with them.

For someone with a high ceiling on the ol' budget, the sky's the limit really....

You don't need all the fancy pants gym equipment, you just need basic weight and some will power. If you have some patience and a keen eye, you can pick up all that you need form eBay or gumtree for very cheap.
I now have a collection of 3 sets of adjustable dumbbells, 2 barbells, adjustable bench, cable pull-down, EZbar, resistance bands, Chin up bar, 250KG of weights & lost of other goodies for less than $200!! That's less than half the price of a 12 month gym membership!

Happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment